clue shop channel!
It's hard to believe people like this exist. Some of them are determined not
to be helped. They must have been born and raised in a deep mineshaft and
only brought out for these shows!
Bamber Gascoigne: What was Ghandi's first name?
Contestant: Goosey, Goosey?
..THE WEAKEST LINK..
Anne Robinson: In traffic, what "J" is where two roads meet?
Contestant: Jool carriageway.
Anne Robinson: Which Italian city is overlooked by Vesuvius?
Anne Robinson: What insect is commonly found hovering above lakes?
Anne Robinson: Wh...?
Contestant (interrupting): Pass!
Anne Robinson: In olden times, what were minstrels, travelling entertainers
or chocolate salesmen?
Contestant: Chocolate salesmen.
Anne Robinson: The Bible, the New Testament. The Four Gospels were written
by Matthew, Mark, Luke and...?
Contestant: (long pause) Joe?
Anne Robinson: Who was a famous Indian leader, whose name begins with G,
revered by millions, who was assassinated and received a state funeral?
..NATIONAL LOTTERY JET SET..
Eamonn Holmes: What's the name of the playwright commonly known by the
Contestant: William Shakespeare.
..CHRIS SEARLE SHOW, BBC BRISTOL..
Searle: In which European country is Mount Etna?
Searle: I did say which European country, so in case you didn't hear that, I
can let you try again.
Caller: Er... Mexico?
1) Something a blind man might use? - A Sword
2) A song with the word Moon in the title? - Blue Suede Moon
3) Name the capital of France? - F
4) Name a bird with a long Neck? - Naomi Campbell
5) Name an occupation where you might need a torch? - A burglar
6) Where is the Taj Mahal? - Opposite the Dental Hospital
7) What is Hitler's first name? - Heil
8) A famous Scotsman? - Jock
9) Some famous brothers? - Bonnie and Clyde.
10) A dangerous race? - The Arabs
11) Something that floats in a bath? - Water
12) An item of clothing worn by the Three Musketeers? - A horse
13) Something you wear on a beach? - A deckchair
14) A famous Royal? - Mail
15) Something that flies that doesn't have an engine? - A bicycle with wings
16) A famous bridge? - The Bridge Over Troubled Waters
17) Something a cat does? - Goes to the toilet
18) Something you do in the bathroom? - Decorate
19) A method of securing your home? - Put the kettle on
20) Something associated with pigs? - The Police
21) A sign of the Zodiac? - April
22) Something people might be allergic to? - Skiing
23) Something you do before you go to bed? - Sleep
24) Something you put on walls? - A roof
25) Something slippery? - A conman
26) A kind of ache? - A fillet of fish
27) A jacket potato topping? - Jam
28) A food that can be brown or white? - A potato
29) Something sold by gypsies? - Bananas
30) Something red? - My sweater
..RADIO LINCS PHONE-IN..
Presenter: Which is the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world?
Presenter: I was really after the name of a country.
Contestant: I'm sorry, I don't know the names of any countries in Spain.
..STEVE WRIGHT SHOW, RADIO 2..
Wright: On which continent would you find the River Danube?
Wright: What is the Italian word for motorway?
Wright: What is the capital of Australia? And it's not Sydney.
Judy Finnegan: The American TV show 'The Sopranos' is about opera. True or
Judy Finnegan: No, actually, it's about the Mafia. But it is an American TV
show,so I'll give you that.
..BBC RADIO NEWCASTLE..
Paul Wappat: How long did the Six Day War between Egypt and Israel last?
Contestant (after long pause): Fourteen days.
..BOB HOPE BIRTHDAY QUIZ, LBC..
Presenter: Bob Hope was the fifth of how many sons?
..BBC GMR, PHIL WOOD SHOW..
Wood: What "K" could be described as the Islamic Bible?
Wood: It's got two syllables... Kor...
Wood: Ha ha ha ha no. The past participle of run...
Wood: OK, try it another way. Today I run, yesterday I...
..DARYL'S DRIVETIME, VIRGIN RADIO..
Daryl Denham: In which country would you spend shekels?
Daryl Denham: Try the next letter of the alphabet.
Contestant: Iceland? Ireland?
Daryl Denham (helpfully): It's a bad line. Did you say Israel?
Collected by CiH, for Alive Mag, April '06..